EPPC Liaison – Part Time 15 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY: The EPPC Liaison is a part-time, temporary grant position (through 7/31/19) working within the Essex Pregnancy and Parenting Connection (EPPC) team and is responsible for leading targeted outreach, screening and follow-up efforts for mothers of children 0-2 and additional women of childbearing age in the greater Newark area in an effort reduce their risks for premature birth.
- Identify, outreach and engage clients in the priority population.
- Assess clients’ health behaviors utilizing established screening tools.
- Make appropriate community referrals to address client needs and follow-up with clients and providers to ensure receipt of services and to troubleshoot when needed.
- Utilize marketing efforts and social media to engage large numbers of prospective clients with health information.
- Complete required documentation and track key program services and objectives.
- Maintain confidentiality of client data.
- Analyze data and prepare reports.
- Represent EPPC during grant-related meetings and participate as a regular member of EPPC and PCA-NJ in agency activities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work or a comparable human service field with a minimum of one year of experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in patient education, care coordination, or case management.
- Knowledge of maternal and child health issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust with clients and partners.
- Awareness of cultural diversity and its impact on planning and provision of services.
- Excellence in written and oral communication.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to problem-solve.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
OTHER CONDITIONS: Occasional travel within Essex County and New Jersey may be necessary.
Please submit resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position, why you are a strong candidate for consideration, and salary history/expectations to [email protected] . Be sure to include “EPPC Liaison” in the subject line.
Prevent Child Abuse New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer