Assistant – Middlesex County Council for Young Children (CCYC) – 14 hours/week
Provides support and works closely with the local CCYC Steering Committee and general membership to address the needs of families in early care and education, social service or health programs in communities and schools. Assists the coordinator with day-to-day work of the council. Reports directly to the CCYC Coordinator.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build strong relationships with parents, families and other community stakeholders in Middlesex County
- Support stakeholder investment and participation in the council, and/or related workgroups/activities – conduct outreach
- Be a resource and facilitate links for parent-child health, family support, and early childhood education
- Assist in the review/assess the progress of the council in reaching goals, performance targets/benchmarks and participate in local evaluation activities
- Work with parents and other community stakeholders to assess training needs of the community and assist in planning community events
- Actively participate in PCA-NJ staff meetings
- Fulfill other duties as assigned
HS diploma required with 3 – 5 years of related experience. Preference given to Bachelor’s degree in a social service field.
- Valid driver’s license
- Resident of Middlesex County
- Fluent in Spanish
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral including public speaking
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Leadership qualities & skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to work both independently and in collaborative situations
- Can-do attitude, good listening skills, non-judgmental, team builder
Experience: 3 – 5 years of experience preferred
- conducting outreach or working with residents at the local level – preferably in Middlesex County
- working with children and families; knowledge of local resources and school districts
- working across cultures
- running meetings, making presentations or coordinating a community program
- planning events
OTHER CONDITIONS OF THIS POSITION: Travel throughout the state of New Jersey will be necessary. A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required. Hours need to be flexible to allow for evening and weekend work. Travel outside of New Jersey may be required for trainings and conferences.
Please submit resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position, why you are a strong candidate for consideration, and salary history/expectations to [email protected] In the subject line be sure to include “CCYC”.
Prevent Child Abuse New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer