District/Head Start Technical Assistance Specialist – Grow NJ Kids Technical Assistance Center – Hudson County
One Position Available – covering Hudson County
This position is responsible for providing assistance and guidance to programs participating through public schools or Head Start in the New Jersey Quality Rating Improvement System – Grow NJ Kids. The individuals will work to develop collaborative relationships with Head Start and District staff in Hudson County to ensure they are knowledgeable about the Grow NJ Kids process, implement and maintain the quality standards and successfully achieve a quality rating.
Work collaboratively with DOE master teachers and HS quality specialists/coaches using various approaches such as:
- Quarterly networking meetings
- Bi-Annual webinars
- Frequent phone and email support; and,
- On-site visits and consultation as needed
- Provide DOE/Head Start partners with consultation and training to ensure they are knowledgeable about the Grow NJ Kids process, from enrollment to rating and throughout their continuous quality improvement (CQI) journey.
- Reflect with DOE and Head Start representatives as thought partners on their based coaching practice with teachers to ensure continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance on the ERS tools and how they are utilized in the Grow NJ Kids system for quality improvement, TA and rating.
- Collaborate with TAC State Anchors to coordinate accountability sessions to support proper use and success with ERS tools.
- Provide coaching, resources and strategies to DOE Master Teachers and Head Start Specialists so they can successfully support schools in the quality improvement process (for e.g.: tracking PD of staff, tracking the various family meetings held and when, tracking timing for teacher assessments, understanding training requirements, documentation, etc.)
- Assist with clarifying any standards/documentation required for rating and quality improvement process.
- Continually provide all up-to-date resources from DFD and NJCQR around the rating process. Essentially, keeping them “in the loop.”
- Support CQI efforts post-initial rating to ensure ongoing improvement and continuation of quality efforts.
- Maintain regular communication and collaborative relationships with regional TAC Head Start/District TASs.
- Monitor each program’s/providers activities and progress and submit quarterly data reports
- Represent the program both outside and inside the agency.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated experience & proficiency in the following areas:
- Infant/toddler – understanding of the Birth to Three Early Learning guidelines, knowledge of the Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale and infant toddler curricula;
- Preschool classroom expertise – understanding of NJ Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards, preschool curricula and Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale;
- Early Childhood Program Management – familiar with best business practices and/or the Program Administration Scale;
- Family Engagement expertise – familiarity with Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework (self-assessment, improvement planning, protective factors survey), home visiting, and parent representation on community councils.
- An in-depth understanding of GROW NJ Kids quality rating and improvement system that includes related content knowledge, planning expertise, process expertise and topical expertise.
- Knowledge and understanding of developmental screenings and working with children with special needs, inclusion practices, intervention strategies for children with challenging behaviors, national health and safety standards, nutrition and special diets, and higher level early childhood curriculum expertise
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster collaborative relationships.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and facilitate meetings with proficient public speaking skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships with persons at all levels.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and its impact on planning and provision of services.
- Demonstrated expertise in program planning, development and implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in community organization and collaboration building.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve independently.
- Computer proficiency.
- Highly organized, motivated and flexible.
Education and Work Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood (or related field) and 3+ years’ experience working in district-based, former Abbott and/or Head Start Programs. Must have a minimum of 1-year experience working as a Grow NJ Kids TA Specialist/QIS and/or have worked in a position responsible for supporting program(s) through the Grow NJ Kids Process. Candidates must have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the Grow NJ Kids quality improvement process from enrollment through rating.
Travel throughout the state of New Jersey will be necessary; with a focus on Hudson County. Hours will need to be flexible to allow for evening and weekend work, training, site visits or agency related activities.
Please submit resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position, why you are a strong candidate for consideration, and salary expectations to [email protected]. Be sure to include “District/Head Start TAS – Hudson County” .
Prevent Child Abuse New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer