Trainings and Webinars
Overview of Home Visiting in Early Childcare – English – online
The 2-hour online Home Visiting training is now on-demand and at-your-own-pace. Please click on the link below to register for and take this training. This training meets GNJK standard 4.2.3, which requires all teaching staff members to receive training on the benefits of home visits and how to plan for a home visit. Home Visits build powerful and effective parent-teacher partnerships. Enroll now to find out how.
English: Register Here
Descripción General de las Visitas Domiciliarias en la Primera Infancia – Spanish – online
Las visitas domiciliarias crean relaciones poderosas y efectivas entre padres y maestros. Este seminario web proveerá una visión general del qué, el por qué y cómo se pueden realizar las visitas domiciliarias. Este entrenamiento de 1.5 horas cumple con el estándar GNJK 4.2.3.
Take our On-Demand At-Your-Own-Pace
Developmentally Appropriate Practice Courses
Foundations for all Teachers (Open to: Infant, Toddler, Preschool, FCC, Teachers, Administrators, and Staff)
Courses for Infants/Toddlers/Twos Teachers
Courses for Preschool Teachers
Upcoming In-Person Trainings
The Grow NJ Kids Technical Assistance Center is happy to provide you with the recordings of past webinars that we have hosted. If you were unable to attend the live webinar, we hope that you will register for one or more of our offerings below.
These webinars were pre-recorded with live participants by the Grow NJ Kids Northeast and Central Technical Assistance Centers at Prevent Child Abuse-NJ. As such, you will not be able to engage with any quizzes, surveys, or polls conducted during this webinar as they are now closed. These webinars may include visual and/or sound errors due to technical issues at the time of the broadcast.
At the end of this webinar, you will receive a certificate. In order to receive credit on NJCCIS, you must submit your certificate directly to NJCCIS.com.
1. Culturally Responsive Interactions: Celebrating Diversity and Beyond (Hosted on March 9, 2016)
Presented by: Vasu Nacha, Senior TA Specialist, Prevent Child Abuse-NJ
2. Building Better Environments for Infants and Toddlers (Hosted on March 29, 2016)
Presented by: Simone Taylor, Brianni Graver, Prevent Child Abuse-NJ
3. Strengthening Families Protective Factors in Action (Hosted on April 28, 2016)
Presented by: Jeannette Alcantara, Jennifer Riche, and Joanne Bodnar, Prevent Child Abuse-NJ
4. Family Engagement: Collaborating for Success! (Hosted on May 18, 2016)
Presented by: La’Keisha Ciprian , TA Specialist, Prevent Child Abuse-NJ
5. Babies, Brains and Relationships: Why Our Interactions with Infants and Children Really Matter! (Hosted on June 22, 2016)
Presented by: Gerry Costa, Director of the Center for Autism and Early Childhood Mental Health, Montclair State University
6. Quality Interactions (Hosted August 30, 2016)
Presented by: Linda Carter from the Coalition of Infant/Toddler Educators (CITE)
7. Planning for Quality Classroom Arrangement (Hosted October 27, 2017)
Presented by: Vasu Nacha and Kristen Farhat from the Central GNJK TA Center
8. Providing Choices for Children (Hosted on February 17, 2017)
Presented by: Barbara Thornton, Leanna Felipe, and Joy Baker from the Central GNJK TA Center
9. Finding the WHY in Quality – Our Journey to Rating Readiness & Beyond (Hosted on May 18, 2017)
Presented by: Jeannette Alcantara, Jennifer Riche, Joanne Bodnar, and Christine Boufford from the Central GNJK TA Center
10. Creating Portfolios (Hosted on 8/3/17)
Presented by: Gargi Shroff, Brianni Graver, and Luz Estrada from the North East GNJK TA Center
11. The Purpose of Partnership (Hosted on 2/23/18)
Presented by: Sara Jane Togawa, Kerri Wilkinson, and Robin Happonen from the North East GNJK TA Center
12. How Leaders Foster Staff Retention – Utilizing Category 5 Standards to Grow Your Staff (Hosted on 5/30/18)
Presented by: Jeannette Alcantara, Barbara Thornton, Jennifer Flannery, Joanne Bodnar, and Christine Boufford from the Central GNJK TA Center
13. What’s your Superpower? Protect – Promote – Strengthen! A webinar on Strengthening Families & the Protective Factors (Hosted on 8/29/18)
Presented by: Sara Jane Togawa from the North East GNJK TA Center
14. Leadership Strategies for Success in the Family Child Care Business (Hosted 5/18/19)
Presented by: Robin Happonen, Gargi Shroff, and Jen Cortes
15. Using Technology to Partner with Families (Hosted 11/12/20)
Presented by: Jenny Cabrera-Grande and Bryan Ramirez
16. FCC Best Practices: Advice from the Field (Hosted 5.26.21)
Presented by: Joy Baker, Christine Boufford, Leanna Felipe, Jennifer Flannery, Jennifer Riche, and Barbara Thornton
ADDITIONAL ARCHIVED WEBINARS
These webinars were pre-recorded with live participants by the Grow NJ Kids Northeast and Central Technical Assistance Centers at Prevent Child Abuse-NJ. As such, you will not be able to engage with any quizzes, surveys, or polls conducted during this webinar as they are now closed. These webinars may include visual and/or sound errors due to technical issues at the time of the broadcast. CERTIFICATES ARE NOT PROVIDED FOR THESE RECORDINGS.